Why the name missbossypants, you ask? Well, it goes back to my roots.... my maiden name is Bos - a good old dutch name. I've been accused of being a little bit bossy in nature, and I'm not about to dispute the fact! I sometimes tell people my crafty "alter ego" is a tribute to my daughter, who is a lot like her mother in the bossy characteristic! Thanks for visiting missbossypants! SHOP HERE: missbossypants online market




Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Girly Valentines


For Valentine's day, I wanted to make a cute little something for Sweetie and Monkey's classmates. I decided rather easily what I would do for the girls. White, red, pink, hearts, it definitely lends itself much easier to girly gifts!

These ones are made from Dollar Store hair clips of varying colours and designs. Unfortunately, you can see the colour a little through the light pink felt, but oh well, they're still cute all the same! Besides, will a group of 6 and 3 year olds even notice?!? I think not, they'll be excitedly pinning them in their own hair!

This is a collection of some of my favourites.....

And the whole lot of 18. The original plan was to just give one clip per girl. I had 17 done, thinking that would probably be enough for both kids' classes, but Sweetie's class has 9 girls, and I thought, oh what the heck, just make one more, and there are enough for a set for each of them. So, now I have 18 clips.... that all face in the same direction. Kinda forgot a set needs one in each direction, or one of them will be upside down on their head! So, perhaps 18 more to come!
Oh well, they come together pretty quickly, and I do still have some time (9 days to go until the parties on the 12th). I will definitely be making some more to stay in our hair clip collection!

1 comment:

I <3 comments!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails