Why the name missbossypants, you ask? Well, it goes back to my roots.... my maiden name is Bos - a good old dutch name. I've been accused of being a little bit bossy in nature, and I'm not about to dispute the fact! I sometimes tell people my crafty "alter ego" is a tribute to my daughter, who is a lot like her mother in the bossy characteristic! Thanks for visiting missbossypants! SHOP HERE: missbossypants online market




Thursday, September 23, 2010

Flip Flop Refashion


A little late in the season to be finally showing this off, I know..... but it's just so COOL!!! (if I do say so myself!)

I can't take the credit for this great idea, I found it here at Make it and Love it

Basically, you start with a plain old pair of flip-flops, and pretty them up! For full information on how to make them, I recommend you to visit Ashley's tutorial, since she did such a great job!

Velcro is one of the greatest inventions in the whole world! It's the oh-so-important behind-the-scenes player in this refashion!


I bought some ribbon that really caught my eye at the local Wal-Mart (blue with polka-dots and the damask-ish brown one). The fabrics came from my stash, as well as the pink and green ribbons. I'm not so sure about the pink and green set, I haven't even worn them yet, but I'm sure I'll find just the right outfit to wear them with!

I'm sure by the beginning of next summer, I'll have a MILLION more options. Maybe one for each day? :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails