Why the name missbossypants, you ask? Well, it goes back to my roots.... my maiden name is Bos - a good old dutch name. I've been accused of being a little bit bossy in nature, and I'm not about to dispute the fact! I sometimes tell people my crafty "alter ego" is a tribute to my daughter, who is a lot like her mother in the bossy characteristic! Thanks for visiting missbossypants! SHOP HERE: missbossypants online market




Monday, May 3, 2010

Scrapbooking weekend

On the weekend of April 23-25, I went to a scrapbooking weekend just for girls. It was funny, I looked at all the ladies there (24 of us!), and said, "wow, just think of all the little kiddies at home with their daddies right now, eating Kraft dinner and hot dogs, and watching cartoons to their heart's content!" Not a problem though, kids need a good dose of mac and cheese once in a while, and mommas NEED to get away sometimes too!

Just look at all that $$ sitting there! The amount of money we all spend on scrapbooking supplies is crazy, but when you see the outcome of it, it makes it all worthwhile!

Row 1 of tables

Row 2 of tables.
I really should have taken a picture of another table that stood on its own - FULL of cricut machines. It's in the distance there, the round table on the right of the picture. Spread out through the entire room, I think there were approximately 10 machines there, all cutting, humming and creating away.

A posed picture of me working away. I was finally out of my funk, and starting to create something I was happy with.

Working at one of the cricut "stations" are my best friend Amanda (tongue out - so classy!), and "our" cousin Krista (deer in headlights look - really, I don't think I scared her!) Krista is Amanda's first cousin, and our moms are first cousins, so that makes us... like 2nd or 3rd cousins, right? We have a great time cackling and carrying on.

oh, the treat table.... we get fed VERY well at this resort, but still we always feel the need to fill another table with snacks. You know, for extra energy to make it late into the night.... I took this picture early on - it actually got more full as people started hauling out more and more candy, chips, fruit and breads. mmmmmmm!

Another sweet pic of the girlies - so silly!


Ok, so here's a rundown of all that I got accomplished...
Amanda and I arrived on Friday evening around 5pm. It takes me forever to get unpacked, settled and actually started on a page, and then takes me FOREVER AND A YEAR to finish an actual page. I agonize over placement, colours, embellishments, etc. I was also in a bit of a funk, not really living up to my true scrapbook potential, but hey, I got some pages done. That's all that matters, right? We packed up and checked out at 4pm on Sunday afternoon. We were there about 47 hours total. So, I estimate that I had a grand total of 26 hours of scrapbooking in 2.5 days, and finished 12 pages. That's an average of 2.17 hours per page. That's actually pretty quick for me! I must have been on a roll!

Anyways, here are pics of what I got done:
And wouldn't you know, I don't have a picture of my all-time, absolute FAVOURITE page that I completed. It'll just have to have its own blog post later!

Princesses on Ice - hard to see the light pink in the title. I HATE this page. It looks like I went back 5 years in scrapbooking history, and did it in that style. But, it's done, and I'm not one to pull pages apart and re-do them.

Fair Time. Not exactly happy with this one, but it's better than the last. I was in a square-themed funk that day, and this was the result. It seems to need a little more or something. Maybe someday I'll have just the right thing for it.

6th Birthday Party. Ok, you're going to notice a theme here - the good pages are probably scrap lifts. This one is definitely a scraplift, but with a few changes from moi. I love the colours of this one!

1st Grade - also a scraplift. It needed to be simple, since the paper was so gorgeous! I bought this years ago, and was so scared to cut into it, but now I'm so glad I did! and since I used it so sparingly, I have lots leftover for another page sometime!

Family Picture Day - I can't honestly remember who's book I made this for - Sweety's or Monkey's. I think it's for monkey, since I have other great pictures of sweety from this photo shoot day. I'm not sold on the darkish gray background, but I was in a bit of a "just get it done" mood, so that's how it is!

TOO LOUD! - my first page I finished that weekend. I like it, but I don't. You know that feeling? I lean more towards the liking it side, but it needs something.

Girls can like dinosaurs too - I love this title (thanks to Amanda!) I had a lot of pictures of events that I needed to do pages for both kids. I'm glad I didn't just do 2 of each page, since each of the kids had a completely different experience at this show!

little hero - this one reminds me of being a little "arts and crafty" and "paper piece-y", but it's cute for the age that he is in this picture. We were all sharing cricut cartridges with each other, and I think we all went a little crazy discovering all the fun shapes and fonts we could use. As you can see, I had a great time with the fireman accessories from the Everyday paper dolls cartridge!

All I ever wanted was a DS - I L.O.V.E this page!!! and it WAS NOT a scraplift. That's all me, baby! I love to do pages that are not centred around a specific holiday or theme, since I can just do what I want with it. This has to do with Sweety's Christmas present, but I played off the colours in the pictures for the theme.

Falling into FUN - I have a really hard time doing fall pages, since the fall colours aren't my preferred pallette. (and I hate the fact that our maple tree turns yellow in the fall instead of a beautiful orange or red colour) I do, however, like how this page turned out. It was, of course, a scraplift!

So, there you have it! The fruits of my labour a couple weekends ago!
When I get the chance to photograph the best of the bunch, I'll post it too. I'm not sure why it didn't get photographed, perhaps it was still drying (it has ALOT of bling on it!)

Have a great springtime week!

1 comment:

  1. Look at all you got done! So jealous.
    And if you're looking for a simple suggestion for your "Too Loud" layout, the only thing I might do, would be matte your title letters on white so that they "pop" a bit.
    Otherwise, you're golden.
    Now you should probably go on a scrappy shopping spree after using up all that product ;)

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails